The following is a list of defensive prospects in the Mobile/Baldwin Area for football fans to keep an eye on nest fall.
1. Tre Williams – LB – 6’2,217 – St. Paul’s Episcopal
Natural LB. Natural Instincts. He has a ton of big time offers.
2. Justin Thornton – DE – 6’5,222 – Vigor HS
He fits the profile of the rangy DE everyone is looking for. He can be dominate at times, but he can disappear at times, too. Very high ceiling.
3. Gary Moore – DT – 6’2,275 – Murphy HS
He played DT in 2011, but played mostly TE this past fall as a junior. That alone speaks to his athleticism. Really an impressive athlete for his size, but I don’t see him as a TE on the next level.
4. DeShaun Davis – ILB – 5’11,235 – Vigor HS
He’s a little shorter than most coaches are looking for and maybe a half step slower than many would like, but he’s very physical and super productive.
5. Zavier Carmichael – OLB – 5’11,200 – St. Paul’s Episcopal
He’s been committed to Duke for a while. Excellent student. He’s a little undersized but he can really move. Terrific cover skills for a LB
6. Chason Milner – OLB – 6’3,200 – Spanish Fort HS
He’s played some WR, some safety and some OLB. He’s very smooth going forwards and backwards and side to side.
7. Herlandaz Corley – DE/OLB - 6’3,220 – McGill-Toolen Catholic
He plays covered up as a DE in McT’s scheme more than he will in college. He athletic with good instincts making him disruptive.
8. Taylor Stallworth – DT – 6’1,270 – Murphy HS
Stallworth is not really a clogger, but he uses his hands well to get free and make plays in the backfield and down the line of scrimmage.
9. Myles Pierce – ILB – 6’ ,215 – Daphne HS
Pierce is a very sound, physical LB with nifty feet.
10. Jamey Mosley – OLB – 6’4,185 – Theodore HS
Upside is the word with Mosley. He’s long and quick and he can run. He has excellent closing speed. He can get after the QB or play in space. But right now, he’s skinny and raw.
11. Kameron Coleman – SS – 5’10,180 – T.R. Miller HS
At Miller, Coleman plays RB and OLB, but it’s easy to see him playing as an in the box safety on the next level.
12. Chris Johnson – ATH – 6’ ,175 – Escambia Co. HS
Johnson is the QB at ECHS, but he’s a nice athlete and it easy to picture him as a FS quarterbacking someone’s defense on the next level.
13. Matthew Hall – ILB – 6’ ,208 – Spanish Fort HS
Hall is a downhill LB who takes on blockers and thumps ball carriers. Very active. Very aggressive.
14. Coley McColeman – DT – 6’2,250 – Theodore HS
He’s going to need to add some bulk to play inside on the next level, but he pretty quick and has a nice burst of the line.
Already have an account? Sign In